BioCONECT Oncology Leadership Development
The BOLD Initiative consists of two major, interrelated but distinct arms that both address the need for science literacy, career awareness, health advocacy, and risk reduction through healthy life style choices. These arms support one another through each one’s unique design and ability to address different needs and styles of learning.
• B.O.L.D. ~ A High School summer learning opportunity that integrates a direct hands-on experience in a more distinct real world setting, designed to be an intensive immersion into the world of science and health care. It will enable students to:
• Interact with professionals in the field, developing science literacy about the biology & genetics of cancer
• Learn about a variety of careers through the people that do the job everyday, encouraging career awareness & 21st Century Skills
• Go through the actual processes involved in treating cancer themselves, in a direct and focused way
• Sow the seeds within the students’ own lives so that they may continue to grow through the school year, learning both health advocacy and risk reduction through healthy life style choices
• Begin a life-long education in the sciences, followed by ‘B.O.L.D. Actions’, which is designed to renew and reinvigorate the passion that B.O.L.D. ignited and to continue encouraging students to meet the goals of both B.O.L.D. and BioCONECT